My breakfast is very important.

Popcorn chicken and breakfast fries

Popcorn chicken and fries

Online media is increasingly influential in fashion. I'd like to believe that the women who wear my clothes are not dressing for other people, that they're wearing what they like and what suits them. It's not a status thing. Money is the most corrosive aspect of life today because it means that all attention to detail is forgotten. I love a black wedding dress.

Even Michelangelo got paid for doing the Sistine Chapel. To those artists who say they're doing it for the love of art, I say: Get real. The important thing is to take your time and not get stressed. Awkwardness gives me great comfort. I've never been cool, but I've felt cool. I've been in the cool place, but I wasn't really cool - I was trying to pass for hip or cool. It's the awkwardness that's nice. Awkwardness gives me great comfort. I've never been cool, but I've felt cool. I've been in the cool place, but I wasn't really cool - I was trying to pass for hip or cool. It's the awkwardness that's nice. I never look at other people's work. My mind has to be completely focused on my own illusions.

I've treated the waistcoat as if it were a corset, so that it becomes the first layer in the process of putting clothes on the body. There is constant motion between layering and revealing. We must never confuse elegance with snobbery. I'm a fashion designer and people think, what do I know? I am like a freight train. Working on the details, twisting them and playing with them over the years, but always staying on the same track. You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes.

Comments