Corn Sweets

Coffee and sweets

My learning process is by eye alone; it's not at all scientific. There are only three things I can do - make a dress, decorate a house, and entertain people. Vanity is the healthiest thing in life. Online media is increasingly influential in fashion. It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion.

Fashion is a very stressful place to work because of the demands of doing the shows - no one expects a writer to produce two books a year on the dot - but it's also a very toxic place to work. Fashion is made to become unfashionable. I don't really know how to do casual clothes. Design is a constant challenge to balance comfort with luxe, the practical with the desirable. Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. Brides today are increasingly sensitive to the tastes, feelings and finances of their attendants. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. Design is a constant challenge to balance comfort with luxe, the practical with the desirable. If I had the power, I would ban leggings.

Comments